- Civil Engineering
- Air Quality Services
- Compliance Services
- Cultural Resource Management Services
- Hydrogeology and Groundwater Modeling
- Site Investigation and Remediation
- Site Selection/Due Diligence Services
- Waste Management
- Water Resources
- About CEC
Legislative and regulatory bodies race to keep pace with the fastest growing segment of an expanding domestic energy industry. Energy companies, drillers and operators are seeking the expertise and familiarity of a trusted advisor to successfully navigate the evolving federal, state and local regulations, helping to ensure timely and cost-effective results for their unique challenges.
CEC stays on top of the latest regulatory changes so that our clients can put their primary focus on operations. We have helped natural gas clients collect environmental data and obtain necessary certificates, permits and clearances for projects such as new pipelines and production wells; pipeline replacements, relocations and retirements; and compressor stations, storage fields and processing plants. CEC provides a diverse scope of civil engineering and site development, ecological, geotechnical, and environmental consulting services to the natural gas industry, including:
- GIS mapping
- Geophysical surveys
- Well site layout, grading, and earthwork
- Pits, impoundments and dam permitting
- Erosion and Sedimentation (E&S) Control design and construction inspection
- Post-Construction Stormwater Management (PCSM) design and permitting
- Ecological Services
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) environmental reporting and certification assistance
- Wetland and stream delineation and encroachments permitting
- Threatened and endangered species surveys
- Water management plans
- Hydrogeology, groundwater monitoring and reportin
- Environmental assessment services
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans
- Waste management
- Air permitting and emissions testing
- Geotechnical engineering and subsurface investigations
- CQA safety and inspection services
- Compressor station CQA services
- Gas intrusion abatement services
- Gas storage field leakage assessments
CEC's multi-disciplined abilities have resulted in the successful completion of a wide range of projects. Specific CEC energy-related project experience includes the following:
Exploration and Production Services:
E&P companies rely on CEC to permit and design efficient well pad and support facilities. CEC considers factors such as ecological resources, topography, earthwork magnitude, traffic flow, and geotechnical constraints in our design. We also provide client support regarding pre- and post-drilling water well surveys, water use and water management planning and permitting, gas migration studies, and stray gas mitigation. We have performed clean-up of releases of drilling fluids, drilling wastewater, and other pollutants to soil and groundwater. In addition, we can assist our clients with air quality permitting, including greenhouse gas inventories and reporting. We also can prepare SPCC, PPC and SWPPP plans formatted for the specific needs of our clients.
Having worked with numerous midstream companies, CEC understands that successful projects must meet schedules while maintaining quality. To help our clients, we provide services that include pipeline routing studies and surveying to identify the most efficient pipeline alignments. This planning process includes identification and delineation of wetland and stream crossings, and locations of endangered species including rare plants and Indiana bats.
We are well versed in the latest permitting requirements as they apply to E&S design, stream and wetland crossings, and air permitting. CEC has extensive experience with the environmental permitting of gathering system components and large diameter transmission pipelines, including those requiring FERC certification. We have assisted our midstream clients with the civil design and construction of compression stations and fractionation plants, as well as the installation of rail transport facilities
- AST Inspections Made Easy, authored by Christopher Niven, published in Exploration & Production, January 2016 issue.
- Tighter Regulations Push Environmental Concerns to Front Burner, co-authored by Ryan Slack and Dan Maltese, published in Pipeline & Gas Journal, January 2015 issue.
- PA Speaker of the House appoints Principal Lauren Parker to Pipeline Infrastructure Task Force