- Website Home
- Careers Home
- Big Firm Opportunities
- Small Firm Culture
530 Howell Rd.
Greenville, SC 29615
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
Senior Ecological Project Manager
Here's What You'll Do:
As an Ecological Senior Project Manager/Principal for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you will manage project teams to navigate today’s complex environmental regulatory landscape, helping our commercial, institutional, and energy clients to achieve and maintain surface water compliance. You will supervise staff ecologists and lead projects. Working with clients, contractors, and local government officials, you will impact the whole project - from conceptual and design phases, through the regulatory review process, bidding, and construction. Projects will/may include any of the following areas of emphasis: wetland and stream assessments, delineations, and mitigation; endangered species surveys including bats and plants; natural stream channel restoration; invasive plant control; bio-retention and wetland treatment systems; and ecological risk assessments.
Here's What You'll Need:
• B.S. degree in Ecology, Biology, or related technical field (M.S. preferred);
• Local and national contacts and the ability to develop and market to new and existing clients;
• Demonstrated client development, leadership and management experience to assist in expanding the Greenville office and the delivery of our services to the energy, solid waste, mining, and real estate markets;
• Section 401, 402, 404 Federal Clean Water Act Regulations;
• Demonstrated understanding of State and Federal regulations from agencies such as USEPA, US Army Corps of Engineers, and US Fish & Wildlife Service;
• Performance of statistical analysis of complex data sets and preparation of technical reports;
• Ability to provide senior technical expertise and mentoring to staff and managers in the ecological practice;
• Ability to manage multiple activities, technical professionals and targeted client base;
• Minimum 10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Aquatic Ecology, Terrestrial Ecology, Threatened and Endangered Species, Toxicology, Water and Sediment Quality, or Environmental Permitting and Reporting.
Here's Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.