- Website Home
- Careers Home
- Big Firm Opportunities
- Small Firm Culture
333 Baldwin Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15205-1751
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
Highway / Roadway Engineer
Here's What You'll Do:
CEC is seeking a candidate to lead the roadway design efforts of the firm’s transportation engineering practice. The transportation engineering practice supports CEC’s real estate development, solid waste, natural gas, public sector, mining, power and manufacturing market sectors. This position represents a tremendous opportunity for an individual with the drive and expertise needed to assist in the growth of the transportation engineering practice within the firm. The transportation engineering practice is initially focusing on the PA, OH and WV geographies, with the potential to expand nationwide.
Here's What You'll Need:
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering;
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in providing roadway design services across numerous markets;
• Advanced knowledge of MicroStation/InRoads and/or AutoCAD;
• Diverse roadway geometric design, pavement design, construction document preparation, Right-of-Way Plan preparation and regulation knowledge in Pennsylvania.
• Extensive experience in PennDOT Plan Preparation and the PennDOT Highway Occupancy Permit (HOP) process, including Agreements of Release, Right-of-Way acquisition, and ePermitting;
• Experience in site grading and drainage, hydrology and hydraulics, stormwater management, Erosion and Sediment Pollution Control, and Utilities.
• Professional Engineering Registration in Pennsylvania required. Registration in other States in addition to Pennsylvania a plus; and
• Strong business development, project management, staff development and project execution skills.
Here's What We'd Like To See:
-Experience in traffic signal design, streetscape and “traffic calming” design a plus;
Here’s Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.