- Website Home
- Careers Home
- Big Firm Opportunities
- Small Firm Culture
325 Seaboard Lane, Suite 170
Franklin, TN 37067
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
Construction Engineering Technician
Here’s What You’ll Do:
As a Construction Engineering Technician for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you’ll work in the Waste Management practice in our Nashville, TN office. This is a full-time position with the responsibility of working on a variety of diverse environmental projects. The majority of your time will be spent in the field and traveling to and from sites.
Your duties will include:
• Inspection of construction sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance with Engineering Plans, Specifications and construction and safety standards;
• Inspection of solid waste handling facilities to ensure compliance with current regulations;
• Collection of environmental samples for various residual and municipal waste and industrial clients;
• Completion of appropriate paperwork, equipment maintenance, and preparation of field reports and database management;
• Inspection of highway or development construction projects;
• Assist survey team as-needed.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 0-4 years’ experience in environmental monitoring, construction observation or related field;
• Mechanical skills and attention to detail;
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a pickup truck;
• Ability to work independently in the field in varying weather conditions with strict adherence to operating procedures and safety policies.
Here’s What We’d Like To See:
• Technical degree (engineering, science or related field);
• 40-hr HAZWOPER training and 8-hr refresher (if applicable);
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Ability to speak and write professionally;
• Experience in landfill gas collection system monitoring;
• AutoCAD experience;
• Surveying experience.
Here's Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.