- Website Home
- Careers Home
- Big Firm Opportunities
- Small Firm Culture
600 Marketplace Ave, Suite 200
Bridgeport, WV 26330
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
As a Professional Surveyor (PS) for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you will have the opportunity to help grow our expanding civil engineering and survey practice. You will be responsible for technical and supervisory work coordinating survey crews and office staff engaged in multi-disciplinary structured organization which includes design, control, ALTA/ACSM Land Title, boundary, construction surveying, automated mapping or preparing maps and associated legal descriptions. You will coordinate numerous survey or mapping projects and perform technical calculations and field re-design to maintain designated project time frames. You’ll supervise, coordinate and direct all phases of land survey and will be responsible for work results and progress of assigned survey parties. You’ll train personnel and review survey procedures, check technical aspects of land survey procedures, and insure crews are functioning at a high performance level. You’ll prepare and verify accuracy of legal descriptions, maps and aerial photographs and perform survey calculations as required for subdivisions, establishment of roadway alignments, survey closures and geodetic ties. You’ll direct the activities of GPS work which includes geodetic and topographical surveying.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 5+ years surveying experience;
• West Virginia Professional Surveyor registration;
• Valid Driver’s License;
• Experience performing survey field work relating to topography, boundary, and construction staking;
• Experience preparing ALTA surveys, easement exhibits, plats, and legal descriptions and other survey products;
• Experience performing deed research, obtaining right of way plans, and coordinating utility locator service information.
Here’s What We’d Like to See:
• Experience using GPS, robotic total station, and conventional survey equipment as a one person crew;
• Experience supervising and coordinating the work of multiple survey crews and office personnel, and training employees in survey work;
• AutoCAD experience preferred;
• Ability to speak and write professionally;
• Ability to provide guidance and mentoring to staff in the survey practice.
Here’s Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled