- Website Home
- Careers Home
- Big Firm Opportunities
- Small Firm Culture
600 Marketplace Ave, Suite 200
Bridgeport, WV 26330
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
Unmanned Aerial Systems Operator
Here's What You'll Do:
As an Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator/Project Manager in this position for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you will be responsible for managing, planning, coordinating, and executing flights utilizing a UAS for data acquisition, mapping, and inspection services for our clients. You will be expected to manage all aspects of UAS missions, from pre-flight inspections on the aircraft, to setting up the payload, to flight planning and execution, and post-flight processing of collected data. In this position you will:
• Plan flight operations: ensure UAS is ready and tested on time, coordinate regulatory permissions, and generate flight paths to properly collect aerial data.
• Onsite preparation: validation of flights, set up sensors, set up ground control points for aerial surveys, complete pre-flight checklists, fly aircraft and collect aerial data.
• Validate aerial data: locally post-process collected data.
• Perform maintenance on aircraft, as necessary.
•Travel to locations across our Corporate footprint flying UAVs, being on time when and where needed. Pack and ship aircraft and equipment, and coordinate paperwork and transportation of goods.
As part of this position you will develop and direct the technical scope of each project, manage project budgets, serve as the primary client and regulatory agency point of contact, and manage both internal CEC staff and sub-consultants during the execution of the work. With the help of CEC’s internal resources, you will also be responsible for developing business for CEC through utilization of our existing industry connections.
Here's What You'll Need:
• Part 107 sUAS license;
• Experience operating commercial UAVs;
• Able to evaluate the quality of acquired aerial data;
• Basic post-processing techniques for aerial data;
• Excellent RC piloting skills, on both fixed-wing and multirotor aircraft;
• Ability to work hands-on with small UAV systems, including assembly, disassembly,
• Testing, and troubleshooting;
• Ability to travel 40% of the time;
• Experience filing FAA regulatory paperwork;
• Knowledge of industry specific safe workplace principles and practices;
• Ability to work long hours outdoors under various field conditions and exposure to traffic, heat, cold, and other adverse conditions.
• A.S. or B.S. degree in Professional Piloting or related technical field.
• Civil Engineering and/or Surveying experience a plus.
Here's Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients. CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success. We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. EOE