- Website Home
- Careers Home
- Big Firm Opportunities
- Small Firm Culture
600 Marketplace Ave, Suite 200
Bridgeport, WV 26330
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
Project Manager/Stream Designer
As a Stream Designer and Project Manager for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you will manage projects and project teams to navigate today’s complex environmental regulatory landscape, helping our clients to achieve and maintain compliance with regulatory standards. In this role, you will manage and design stream and wetland restoration projects using natural stream design principles and techniques. You will also routinely prepare stream design drawings and specifications and yearly monitoring reports; oversee construction of projects, ensuring compliance with the design criteria; and serve as a mentor to junior staff and educate them on field data collection, design parameters, and regulatory criteria. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in stormwater design, fluvial geomorphology, sediment transport, stream and wetland ecology, and natural channel design. This position requires routine travel and field work as well as proficiency with managing projects and project budgets.
Here's What You'll Need:
• B.S. in Engineering, Geology, or Hydrology;
• Rosgen Levels I through IV training or similar;
• Minimum 3 years of experience in designing stream and wetland restoration projects;
• Lead designer on at least 2 natural stream channel design projects, including projects involving greater than 2,000 feet of stream channel restoration;
• Stream construction and monitoring experience;
• Experience determining functional improvement criteria and monitoring parameters;
• Strong working knowledge of state and federal mitigation requirements;
• Ability to speak and write professionally.
Here's What We'd Like to See:
• AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2016
• RIVERMorph® Stream Restoration Software
• HEC-RAS 5.0
• Survey Grade GPS and Total Station
Here's Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.