- Website Home
- Careers Home
- Big Firm Opportunities
- Small Firm Culture
5899 Montclair Blvd.
Cincinnati, OH 45150
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
As an Ecologist for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc., you'll work with multidisciplinary project teams managing today's complex environmental issues, helping our commercial, institutional, and energy clients to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance. You'll take part in delineations, permitting, mitigation and design of wetlands, streams and other natural resources. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to participate in threatened and endangered species surveys and compliance. Working with clients, contractors, and local government officials, you'll impact the whole project - from conceptual and design phases, through the regulatory review process, bidding, and construction, all the way to project completion. We are seeking individuals with a strong interest in the natural sciences to join our growing ecological practice in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Here's What You'll Need:
- B.S. in a natural sciences field (e.g., Biology, Environmental Sciences, Ecology);
- 1-3 years' professional ecological or biological experience;
- Ability to speak and write professionally;
- Ability to organize data and prepare technical reports;
- Experience delineating wetlands and streams;
- Ability to work independently and with a team; and
- Valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and willingness to travel.
Here's What We'd Like to See:
- Experience with GIS;
- Knowledge and familiarity of Section 401/404 Clean Water Act Permits;
- Experience surveying for federally listed species and identification of their habitats.
Here's Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients. CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.