- Website Home
- Careers Home
- Big Firm Opportunities
- Small Firm Culture
Survey Crew Chief
530 E. Ohio Street, Suite G
Indianapolis, IN 46204
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
Here’s What You’ll Do:
As a Survey Crew Chief for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you will work both independently, as well as with crew members, conducting the field survey work relating to boundary surveys, ALTA/NSPS Land Title surveys, topographic surveys, photo control surveys, route surveys, and construction stakeout under the responsible charge of the Licensed Professional Surveyor. You will be responsible for the efficient operation of the field crew using standard operating procedures and current health and safety standards. The daily duties include the operation of robotic total stations and GPS receivers to accurately collect relevant data and information in a concise manner, as well as cut brush, drive stakes, take detailed notes and diagrams, and maintain company equipment and survey vehicles.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 5-8 years' survey crew chief experience;
• Skilled in the use of GPS Receivers, data collectors, Robotic Total Stations and Laser Scanners;
• Work requires independent judgment and initiative;
• Knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of land surveying;
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and instruments used in computer aided drafting;
• Knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices and construction specifications, plans and regulations related to construction;
• Knowledge of industry specific safe workplace principles and practices;
• Ability to operate motorized equipment;
• Ability to work long hours outdoors under various field conditions and exposure to traffic, heat, cold, and other adverse conditions;
• Valid Driver’s License.
Here’s What We’d Like To See:
• Experience with Trimble GPS and Total Stations, Trimble Data collectors, Trimble Business Center, Trimble Access software and experience with VRS;
• Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Survey Engineering, Geomatic Engineering, or other related field;
• Current CPR, First Aid and OSHA Safety Training;
• Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D Software.
Here's Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
Problems applying? Contact the webmaster.