Professional geologist with 17 years of experience in the environmental consulting industry.
Project Management: project and construction management, site safety officer, safety committee member, field team leader, coordination and oversight of remedial construction work, the preparation of project work plans, performing all phases of field work, performing site assessments, analytical and environmental data management, and the preparation of investigation and construction completion reports. Prepared ASTM Standardized Laboratory Soil Tests with Corresponding Geotechnical Reports. Worked closely with clients as project manager, coordinating and conducting weekly project meetings, reviewing vendor and subcontractor invoices, and preparing budgets. Maintained field-testing equipment for field teams. Lead construction and operation of wastewater treatment, biopile soil treatment, dense non-aqueous phase liquid (DNAPL) recovery, groundwater recovery, and soil vapor extraction systems. Extensive experience as a field team leader for remedial investigations (RIs) at former manufactured gas plant (MGP) sites. Played an integral role in data management and report writing for those projects. Also an experienced site health and safety officer (SSO) and served on safety committees.
Specialization: state regulatory submittals, collection, interpretation, and reporting of surface soil, subsurface soil, sediment, surface water, and groundwater data. Extensive experience with the collection and interpretation of soil vapor intrusion (SVI) data from sites ranging from active industrial facilities to residential settings. Conducted Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), complex subsurface investigations at commercial and industrial facilities, and has performed geotechnical investigations. Extensive experience with coordinating large complex projects with multiple subcontractors, dealing with budgets and cost analysis, including the development of specifications for geotechnical requirements for the projects.
Oil and Gas Industry:
- Stray Gas investigations, Isotopic Gas analysis, Gas Gad sampling, Pre-Drill sampling management, Well-bore inspections, and data management
- Act 2 spill response management, Act 2 spill remediation management, and closure submittals to the PADEP
- State regulatory submittals
- PADEP’s Land Recycling and Environmental Remediation Standards Act (Act 2), NYSDEC’s Brownfield Cleanup Program (BCP), SRBC, and other regulatory programs.
- Municipal and Residential water supply development
- Onsite logging of drill cuttings and oversight of drilling contractor.
- Well-bore logging using various geological exploratory techniques.
- Identification of the foraminifera dictyoconus during a review of drill cuttings, a critical marker fossil not anticipated at depth encountered prompting a review of the accepted and presumed stratigraphy by the United States Geologic Survey.
- Subsurface Investigations
- UST & AST – Removal/Closure, Site Compliance
- Soil Classifications, Soil Sample Collection and Cataloguing, Performing and Logging Soil Test Borings, Field Oversight for Soil Test Borings, Conducting and Preparing ASTM Standardized Laboratory Soil Tests, Monitoring Well Installations, Groundwater Sampling, Groundwater Modeling, Surveying of Test Locations, Stratigraphy, Paleostratigraphy.
- Performing and logging soil test borings and soil classifications.
- Conducting and preparing ASTM standardized laboratory soil tests with corresponding geotechnical reports.
- Providing field oversight for soil test borings, monitoring well installations, surveying of test locations, sample collection and cataloguing.