Client Support Services
Above and beyond… Backing our clients with unique in-house services
Superior client service means delivering for our clients in ways that exceed their expectations. Harnessing our multi-disciplinary team, specialized expertise, advanced regulatory knowledge, and direct industry experience, we are able to support our clients in their quest for more seamless project delivery and more effective asset management and operational compliance.
CEC knows that our clients are better positioned to meet their business objectives when we equip them with the tools they need to be successful – from education and training to customized applications for managing data.
Our Environmental Training Courses program was created to educate and keep individuals in the industrial/commercial community up to date on regulatory programs that affect them. The program is structured around a group of core environmental regulatory topics that cover the basic needs of attendees in the regulatory areas of air, water, and waste management compliance. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available to those who complete these courses.
- Introduction to Environmental Regulations – This course is for new environmental managers and plant or operations managers. Emphasis is placed on compliance with permits and air, water, and waste regulations. (2 day course in Columbus, OH & Export, PA)
- Air Permitting Basics – Learn basic federal and state air permitting requirements for major and minor construction permits and major and minor operating permits. The course is custom-made for the local market (state requirements) with concentration on avoiding PSD and NANSR permits. (1 day course in Charlotte, NC & Pittsburgh, PA)
- RCRA & Solid Waste Regulations – This course includes hazardous and non-hazardous waste regulations. The course is aimed at waste generators concentrated on compliance and on avoiding major source generator status and Part B permit requirements. (1 day course in Pittsburgh, PA and Chicago, IL)
- Water Quality Regulations & Permits – Learn the basics of water regulations, including stormwater, NPDES, SWPP plans and SPCC plans. The course includes both federal and local regulations. (1 day course in Nashville, TN & Pittsburgh, PA)
- EPCRA Regulations – This course is an overview of EPCRA regulations, including Tier I/II and TRI reporting requirements. (1 day course in Pittsburgh,PA)
- Maintaining Compliance for Oil & Gas Operations – This course will break down the myriad and often confusing monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting requirements that follow for well pads or facilities such as compressor stations, interconnects, and metering sites once a permit is obtained – whether during construction, during operation, or during permit close-out. (1 day course in Bridgeport, WV)
For a complete list of all CEC Environmental Training Courses, their dates and locations, please visit our Events page.
CEC has a history of successful trainings offered to regulators and in partnership with regulators, as well as custom trainings for clients based on their specific needs pertaining to operations and compliance. We are recognized as the experts and are often asked to teach alongside representatives from agencies. Our experts prepare agendas for trainings ranging from short breakfast or lunch presentations to single- or multi-day symposiums and workshops. Continuing education hours (CEHs) or professional development hours (PDHs) are available to attendees.
Examples of past trainings include, but are not limited to:
- Fundamentals of Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control for Construction Sites
- Floodway Encroachment Training
- 319 Grant Application Process
- Waters of the U.S. (WOTUS) Rule Informational Program
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance Program
- North Central West Virginia Infrastructure Initiative – This technical conference provides opportunities to learn about industry updates and new regulatory compliance initiatives that may affect the region’s businesses or industries.
CEC is an industry leader in the development of innovative database applications linked to Geographic Information Systems (GIS), providing a variety of spatial analysis and data management services to clients across many disciplines. We develop and maintain project-specific spatial databases for ecological monitoring, water resource, infrastructure, and related environmental data for many of the industries CEC serves. Our in-house GIS analysts, data managers, and software developers routinely create relational databases, perform spatial analysis, and develop custom mapping products, often working closely with field staff to integrate assessment, monitoring, and other field-derived data.
Accessible, real-time data
In addition, CEC develops and hosts custom web-based GIS applications. Examples include ecological and environmental compliance reporting systems and interactive mapping tools that allow clients to easily access and review compliance results as they are gathered and uploaded into the database. We use ArcGIS products, including desktop and web-based solutions, in conjunction with SQL database technology and other web development tools.
Our GIS and data management services include:
- Spatial analysis and image analysis
- Cartography and visualization
- Database management solutions
- Custom application development
- Web GIS and internet mapping
- Field and survey data integration
- Mobile- and tablet-based data collection tools
We support our clients with projects that require compliance with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 (as amended) along with FHWA, FERC, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and other federal and state regulations. Our expanded capabilities help us provide the full suite of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) services:
- Archaeological Investigations
- Architectural History (Above-ground) Resource Investigations
- Area of Potential Effect (APE) Determinations
- National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) Eligibility Determinations
- Assessment of Effects
- Agency and Consulting Party Coordination
- Memorandum of Agreement
- Cultural Resource Management Plans
In addition to performing NRHP Eligibility Determinations for buildings and structures, CEC offers:
- NRHP Nominations
- Historic Preservation Tax Credit Counseling
- Viewshed Analysis
- GPS/GIS Resource Mapping
- Archival Research
- Historic Context Development
- Building Condition Assessments
- Content for Informational Brochures, Exhibits, and Signage
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) Documentation
- Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) Documentation