- Chemical manufacturers and importers (NAICS codes 325 and 324110, e.g., chemical manufacturing and processing and petroleum refineries).
- Chemical users and processors who may manufacture a byproduct chemical substance (NAICS codes 22, 322, 331, and 3344, e.g., utilities, paper manufacturing, primary metal manufacturing, and semiconductor and other electronic component manufacturing).
- Step I: Is your chemical substance subject to the CDR rule? A CDR reportable chemical is a chemical substance that is domestically manufactured or imported into the United States, is listed in the TSCA Inventory, and is not specifically exempted by 40 CFR 711.6(a).
- Step II: Are you a manufacturer (including importer) who is required to report? If you determined from Step I that you manufacture (or import) a CDR reportable chemical substance, you should subsequently determine whether you are a manufacturer (or importer) who must report. You are subject to CDR reporting if you manufactured (or imported) a chemical substance in production volumes of 25,000 pounds or greater at any single site you owned or controlled during 2011.
- Step III: What information must you report? If you determine from Steps I and II that you are a manufacturer (or importer) of a CDR reportable chemical substance and you are required to report, then you are required to report the information described in 40 CFR 711.15(b)(1), (b)(2), and (b)(3) in Parts I and II of Form U. Basic company and site identification information is required by 40 CFR 711.15(b)(1) and (b)(2). Chemical identification and information pertaining to the manufacture (including import) of chemical substances is required by 40 CFR 710.15(b)(3). Note that the basic company and site identification information is reported once per site, while the manufacturing information is reported separately for each reportable chemical substance at the site.
If you have any questions about the TSCA CDR reporting requirements and whether your facility may be subject to these regulations, please contact Paul Tomiczek III, REM, P.E. at email@example.com or 800-365-2324. More information on the TSCA CDR reporting obligations and instructions for completing the report are provided here.