Everything from waste management to resource recovery
CEC offers engineering and construction support with traditional and advanced waste management services. We strategically added former solid waste company professionals to our team, building on decades of engineering and consulting expertise. Our experience includes projects for landfills, transfer stations, rail transload facilities, collection facilities, and material recovery facilities (MRFs), including comprehensive leachate management and treatment, landfill gas collection and management, and due diligence, operational efficiency, or other business support services. We also evaluate industrial wastes for acceptance, considering the potential impacts to landfill stability, and any necessary mitigation measures for facility owners.
CEC is ranked at #5 in Solid Waste, #33 in Sewer and Waste among the Top 500 Design Firms by Engineering News-Record.
- Feasibility Studies and Site Selection
- Property Development Evaluations
- Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments
- Environmental and Financial Due Diligence Services
- Permit Adequacy Reviews and Audits
- Stormwater and Water Quality Management
- Ecological Evaluations and Permitting
- Cultural Resources Evaluations
- Geotechnical and Hydrogeologic Investigations
- Conceptual Design and Preliminary Engineering
- Closure, Post-Closure, and Financial Assurance
- Design of Landfill Components
- Cost Estimates, Bid Documents, and Specifications
- Design-Build Services
- Construction Quality Assurance and Testing
- Construction/As-Built Surveys
- Construction Coordination and Management Services
- Treatment System O&M
- LFG O&M
- Design-Build System Repairs
- Environmental Management Systems
- Groundwater Sampling/Monitoring/Mitigation
- Leachate Sampling/Monitoring
- Landfill Gas Compliance Management
- Financial Modeling for Solid Waste Management Facility Operations
- Operational Optimization Audits
- Production Recordkeeping and Tracking
- Facility Staffing and Personnel Training
- Leachate Collection and Removal System Design
- Pump Station and Force Main Design
- Minimization and Alternatives Assessment
- Bench-Scale Testing and Evaluation
- Treatment Systems Design
- Construction Support Services
- LFG System Design
- Air Permitting, Compliance, and Modeling Services
- LFG Renewable Energy Project Development Support
- Specialized Construction Services
- Wellfield Operations and Management
- Waste Minimization Studies
- Anaerobic Digestion
Steven D. Menoff, P.E.
Solid Waste Lead
Steven D. Menoff, P.E.
Mr. Menoff is a registered Professional Engineer and Senior Vice President with Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), where he serves as the corporate leader of the Solid Waste Market Group. As a consulting organization, CEC focuses its operations on market groups with support from all of the firm’s multi-disciplined practices. As a market group leader, he is responsible for identifying trends and opportunities in the various Solid Waste submarkets, as well as developing, implementing, and monitoring strategies and initiatives for growing market share and revenues. Mr. Menoff uses his four decades of experience, along with market knowledge and long-term client relationships, to guide CEC’s activities within the Solid Waste market. This includes focusing on new practices/capabilities, strategic new hires, geographic expansion, and business development initiatives.
He was a key component of the movement that transitioned landfills to the sophisticated environmental management systems that we know today, and he was involved in the development of both Subtitle C and Subtitle D regulations and guidance documents. He was a co-founder of the Global Waste Management Symposium and has served on the Business Committee since its inception. He is a member of the EREF Research Council, serving as chairman in 2015, and a member of SWANA, where he’s active in the Landfill Technical Division. Steve also has served as Chairman of NWRA’s Landfill Institute since 1995 and received the Association’s Distinguished Service Award in 2001.