Thank you for visiting our website. CEC respects your privacy. Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates own and operate this website. References in this Policy to “CEC,” “we,” “our,” “us,” or “the Company” mean Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates. This Policy applies to the information we collect from you when you visit our website at www.cecinc.com (the “Site”). If you do not agree with any term in this Policy, please do not use the Site or provide any personal information to us as your use of the Site constitutes acceptance of this Policy.
Information we may collect
- Personal Information. Personal Information means information that identifies or is related to an individual. In particular, we may collect your first and last name, email address, physical address, and/or telephone number.
Why do we collect information?
- To reply to you when you contact us (e.g., to respond to your questions and comments; to fulfill your requests; to communicate with you about our services);
- To send our monthly blog post updates, periodic corporate updates, or project descriptions and brochures;
- To perform certain business functions for us, which may include sending postal mail and e-mail for administrative or marketing purposes, performing IT functions, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data and providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, or providing additional features or functions of the Site;
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, rules or policies of a Site, or the rights of third parties; or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper;
- To verify your identity when we receive a request to disclose, delete, or otherwise act upon the Personal Information we have collected about you;
- To comply with a legal obligation to which CEC is subject (e.g., for disclosures required by law, regulation, or court order);
- For the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings, establishing, defending, or exercising legal rights, in an emergency to protect the health or safety of users of a Site or the general public, or in the interests of national security;
- To send advertising or direct sales materials or to conduct market research, carry out data analytics or deliver newsletter and commercial communications, by means of electronic tools (SMS, e-mail, social network), whether automated (calls without an operator) or not automated (mail and phone calls with an operator), for marketing analysis (including analyzing information from cookies and other tracking features used on the Site or other uses of the Site to improve user experience) and to customize the content that is presented to you in your use of the Site;
- For any other purposes to which you have lawfully given your consent.
How do we share the information we collect?
- Disclosures With Your Consent. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties with your consent, or if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- Disclosures To Our Affiliates. We may share your information that we collect, or provide to us, with our affiliates.
- Disclosures To Service Providers. We may engage subcontractors, service providers, and other third parties to help us deliver, maintain, upgrade, create, or improve the Site, and these parties may have access to certain components of your information in the course of providing such services. Further, we may share your information with third parties in connection with our analysis of Site usage. In the event you do not agree to any such disclosure, you may contact us to modify or delete the information we hold.
We reserve the right to share any information that is not deemed personally identifiable or is not otherwise subject to contractual restrictions.
How long do we keep the information we collect?
CEC will retain the information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. In addition, Personal Information is also retained in accordance with legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements and in accordance with CEC’s retention schedule.
We take commercially reasonable, industry-standard measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of authorized personnel and service providers who have special access rights in order to do their jobs and are required to keep the information confidential. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
Please keep in mind that whenever you give out information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose or share your personal or other information.
The information on this website, including all design, text, images, white papers, press releases, and other information, is protected under United States and other copyright laws and is owned by Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. or is used under license from the copyright owner. The information may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced, re-posted, transmitted, displayed, distributed, rented, sublicensed, altered, stored for subsequent use, or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without CEC’s prior written consent, except to the extent that such use is authorized under the United States copyright laws.
CEC’s logos, trademarks, service marks, and images used on this Site are the property of Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc., and may not be used without permission from CEC and then only with proper acknowledgment. Please contact us to ask for permission
While CEC attempts to ensure that only accurate information is presented on this website, we assume no responsibility for, and make no representations with respect to, the accuracy of any information presented here. Therefore, all materials and information are presented “AS IS,” and CEC expressly disclaims any implied or expressed warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property relating to such material. In no event shall CEC be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from or related to your access to, or use of, our Website or the information or material presented herein.
Your Privacy Rights
You may choose to withdraw your consent and opt out of receiving any emails or newsletters from CEC. To unsubscribe from our email list, please follow the link to unsubscribe that is included in the email; or you may contact us at email@example.com to exercise your right to opt out. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time after receiving your request.
You also have the right to request that we correct or modify the personal information that we collect about you. We encourage you to update your Personal Information promptly if it changes. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your right to correct or modify your Personal Information. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and kept up-to-date.
Privacy Rights for California Residents
Shine the Light Requests. If you are a California resident, California law allows you to request that we tell you what categories of Personal Information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the previous twelve (12) months, and to whom we disclosed them. If you are California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request via email to email@example.com using the subject line “California Shine the Light Request.”
Do Not Track Disclosure. Some internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. We do not currently process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals. To learn more about “Do Not Track,” please visit “All About Do Not Track” at www.allaboutdnt.com.
Links and Third Party Content
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change this Policy and without prior notice to you from time to time as we may deem necessary or as may be required by law. You should review this Privacy Statement periodically to keep up to date on our most current policies and practices. This Privacy Statement was last updated on April 26, 2021.
How to Contact Us