Beyond measure… The expertise to capture the information you need
Our experienced team of surveyors and geospatial specialists has expertise and technologies to capture the information you need. Because CEC is a diverse, multi-disciplined firm, our specialists work collaboratively alongside engineering and environmental professionals to streamline the design, permitting, and construction processes for larger, multi-phased projects. We can mobilize team members from our offices nationwide to accommodate the requirements of complex projects and tight deadlines.
Our multidisciplinary specialists have broad experience across numerous projects requiring topographic, boundary, construction, hydrographic, scanning, and Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) aerial surveys (and we still use tape measures, too).
Far-reaching resources for gathering site data
Staffed with licensed Professional Land Surveyors, FAA-licensed and certified UAV pilots, terrestrial and mobile LiDAR specialists, experienced bathymetric/hydrographic surveyors, and a deep bench of support staff, our team has the expertise and technology to collect and deliver data in 3D and 2D formats for a variety of design, analysis, or documentation purposes.
We maintain a full complement of technology, including: 3D LiDAR scanners in ground-based, mobile, and UAV configurations; RTK-equipped fixed-wing and quadcopter UAVs; ultra-high-resolution and 360-degree digital cameras; survey-grade GPS, robotic, and scanning Total Stations; digital levels, data collectors, and mapping-grade GPS units; and autonomous and manned watercraft equipped with dual-frequency and side-scan sonar equipment.
Your CEC Expert:
Donald G. Groesser, P.L.S.
Survey + Geospatial Lead
(412) 249-2338Read Bio
Donald G. Groesser, P.L.S.
Mr. Groesser leads the efforts in identifying opportunities for growing survey + geospatial lead through the expansion of survey services. He provides technical oversight of the practice to include quality assurance and quality control of procedures and work product. Donald promotes and monitors field and office procedures to assure a high level of consistent work product and service quality across the Survey practice. Promote and monitor a comprehensive safety program for the survey practice.
Areas of Expertise
- Boundary and ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys
- Topographic, Utility and As-Built Surveys
- Horizontal & Vertical Control Surveys
- Construction Surveys/Staking
- Volumetric Surveys
- Settlement and Deformation Monitoring
- Route/Right-of-Way Surveys
- Roadway and Railway Surveys
- Oil and Gas Pipeline/Well Site Surveys
- Pipeline As-built Surveys
- Mapping-grade Data Collection
- Tree and Stream Surveys
- FEMA Elevation Surveys
- Subdivision, Easement, and Conveyance
- Dual-Frequency and Side-Scan Capabilities
- Manned and Autonomous Survey Vessels
- Pre- and Post-Dredging/Demolition Surveys
- River, Harbor and Impoundment Surveys
- Maintenance Dredging Scans
- Draft and Trench Verification
- Storage Volumes and Resident Time Calculations
- Utility Crossing Alignment Surveys
- Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) Scans
- Aerial Photography/Videography
- Photogrammetric and 3D LiDAR Topography
- Optical Gas Imaging (OGI)/Pipeline Leak Detection
- Vegetative Analysis/Thermal Imagery
- Visual Façade Inspections
- Volume Determinations
- Right-of-Way Monitoring
- Exterior/Topographic Scanning
- Interior/Architectural LiDAR Surveys
- Mobile LiDAR Surveys/Bridge Surveys
- Mine Surveys and Mapping
- Asset Management Surveys
- Industrial and Manufacturing Scanning
- Landslide and Deformation Surveys
- 360 Degree Imagery
- Ortho-Rectified Imagery