From exploration to market
Oil and gas companies rely on our expertise and established agency relationships to design on challenging sites and navigate ever-evolving federal, state, and local regulations. They depend on our manpower, proven experience, and regional familiarity, along with the unmatched responsiveness and availability of our team. We’ve provided integrated engineering, ecological, and environmental solutions for some of the most complex upstream, midstream, and processing projects. That includes well pads, tank pads, water lines, and impoundments; gathering or transmission lines, including new pipelines, replacements, repairs, and relocations; and compressor stations, processing facilities, and storage facilities.
CEC is ranked at #20 in Refineries and Petrochemical Plants, #21 in Pipelines, and #34 in Petroleum among the Top 500 Design Firms by Engineering News-Record.
- GIS mapping and data management
- Geotechnical engineering and subsurface investigations
- Well site layout, grading, and earthwork
- Water management planning
- Pit, impoundment, and dam design and permitting
- Erosion and Sedimentation (E&S) control design and permitting
- Post-Construction Stormwater Management (PCSM) design and permitting
- Stream identification and wetland delineation
- Stream and wetland impacts permitting
- Threatened and endangered species surveys
- Cultural resources assessments and management
- Environmental assessments
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) environmental reporting and certification assistance
- Air permitting and emissions testing
- Stray gas migration studies
- Gas storage field leakage assessments
- Gas intrusion abatement services
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans
- Spill response, cleanup, characterization, and remediation
- Hydrogeologic studies and groundwater monitoring
- Pre- and post-drill water sampling
- Construction Quality Assurance (CQA) monitoring services
- Construction management
- Site infrastructure maintenance and rehabilitation services
- E&S BMP inspections
- PCSM BMP inspections
- Stream and wetland post-construction monitoring
- Centralized above-ground storage tank permitting
- Drill pad above-ground storage tank permitting
- Drilling waste characterization studies
- Above-ground storage tank liner installation CQA
Lauren R. Parker, P.E.
Oil & Gas Lead
Lauren R. Parker, P.E.
Ms. Parker is a professional engineer and Vice President with Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), where she serves as the corporate leader of the Oil & Gas Market Group. As a consulting organization, CEC focuses its operations on market groups with support from all of the firm’s multi-disciplined practices. As a market group leader, she is responsible for identifying trends and opportunities in the various Oil & Gas submarkets, as well as developing, implementing, and monitoring strategies and initiatives for growing market share and revenues. Ms. Parker uses her 15 years of experience, along with market knowledge and long-term client relationships, to guide CEC’s activities in the Oil & Gas market. This includes focusing on new practices/capabilities, strategic new hires, geographic expansion, and business development initiatives.
Her civil engineering design experience has been for commercial, institutional, exploration and production (E&P), and midstream projects throughout Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia. Since 2008, Ms. Parker primarily has worked on oil & gas projects, specifically the upstream and midstream segments, covering all design and permitting for well pads, well connects, gathering lines, impoundments, compressor station facilities, temporary water lines, and erosion and sediment control inspections within the Appalachian Basin.
Ms. Parker’s permitting expertise includes Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) Erosion and Sediment Control General Permit (ESCGP-1, -2, and -3) for Earth Disturbance Associated with Oil and Gas Exploration, Production, Processing or Treatment Operations or Transmission Facilities (this permit covers all aspects of erosion & sediment and post-construction stormwater management in accordance with 25 PA Code Chapter 102); PADEP National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) General Permits for Discharge of Stormwater During Construction Activities; PADEP Chapter 105 General Permits; Joint Applications for PADEP Chapter 105 Pennsylvania Water Obstruction and Encroachment Permit and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Section 404 Permit; Well Drilling Permits; and Highway Occupancy Permits.