Breathe easier… With innovative and efficient air quality solutions
To help you keep up with regulatory requirements, new or old, our multidisciplinary team of air quality experts provides comprehensive consulting and measurement services that cost-effectively balance operational flexibility and regulatory compliance.
With a range of experience encompassing professional consulting, air point source and ambient measurements, and engineering, we work closely with facility environmental and compliance managers to address regulatory requirements, develop permitting strategies, complete permit applications, and assist with agency negotiations.
At the forefront of air quality compliance
We develop compliance programs for state, New Source Review, Prevention of Significant Deterioration, and Title V permits. We also help our industry partners meet National Ambient Air Quality Standards and the air regulations deriving from the requirements of the Clean Air Act. Many clients also rely on us to develop and calculate emission inventories of criteria and hazardous air pollutants and greenhouse gases, calculate emission rates, project future emissions, and characterize and measure emissions. In addition, our team has deep experience in delivering a wide variety of dispersion modeling services.
Our in-house QSTI-certified testing personnel perform source emissions testing using continuous emissions monitoring systems and other specialized instruments. Through a joint evaluation by the Stack Testing Accreditation Council (STAC) and the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA), CEC is an accredited Air Emission Testing Body (AETB).
Your CEC Expert:
Bruce E. Dumdei, Ph.D.
Air Quality Lead
Areas of Expertise
- Development of Permitting Strategy
- State Construction & Operating Permits
- New Source Review (NSR) & Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) Analyses
- Title V Operating Permits
- Enforcement Action Assistance
- Environmental Compliance Systems Development
- Inventories of Criteria & Hazardous Air Pollutants & Greenhous Gases
- Evaluation of Manufacturing & Operational Processes
- Fugitive Emissions Studies
- Application of Emission Factors & Engineering Calculations
- Relational Database Management Systems
- Vapor Intrusion Analysis
- Control Technology (BACT, LAER, RACT & MACT) Evaluation
- BACT, LAER & MACT Equipment Specifications and Design
- Modification Assessments
- Process Engineering Support
- Fugitive Emissions Control Programs
- Other Control Equipment Selection & Design
- Application of EPA Guideline Models
- Application of Custom Models for Unusual Applications
- Model Evaluation
- Air Toxics Impact Evaluations
- Odor Source Modeling
- Managing Source Sampling & Source Characterization Studies
- Vent & Fugitive Emissions Testing Programs
- Perimeter Ambient Air Monitoring
- Data Interpretation
- Network Design, Installation & Operation
- Stack Testing
- Instrumentation Certifications
- Tower Systems & Meteorological Monitoring Systems
- Meteorological & Weather Forecasting
Our Environmental Training Courses program was created to educate and keep individuals in the industrial/commercial community up to date on regulatory programs that affect them. The program covers the basic needs of attendees in the regulatory areas of air, water, and waste management compliance. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available to those who complete these courses.
- Air Permitting Basics
- EPCRA Regulations
- Introduction to Environmental Regulations
- Maintaining Compliance for Oil & Gas Operations
- RCRA & Solid Waste Regulations
- Clean Water Act & NPDES Overview
For a complete list of all CEC Environmental Training Courses, their dates and locations, please visit our Events page.