- This event has passed.
2020 IMAA Trade Show
January 27, 2020 @ 8:00 am - January 28, 2020 @ 5:00 pm EST
CEC’s Bill Acton, March Haibach, and Scott Goodfellow are scheduled to present “Environmental Breakout Session – 401/404 Permitting Bootcamp” from 2:00 – 4:00pm on Tuesday, January 28. They will be discussing the federal Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404 and 401 permits required for aggregate mining, and will shed light on the following questions:
- What waters are regulated under Sections 404 and 401 and how do the recent changes in the Waters of the US (WOTUS) rule affect this?
- Are there waters that are not regulated by these sections of the CWA but are regulated separately by the State of Indiana?
- As a mine operator, what best practices should I follow to maintain compliance with these sections of the CWA?
- When am I required to mitigate (replace or restore) streams or wetlands removed during mining?
- What can I do if my operation is out of compliance?
CEC will also be exhibiting throughout the conference. Be sure to stop by booth #22 and chat with our experts!
Bill Acton, PWS
Assistant Project Manager