Mr. Umbach is a Professional Geologist and NJDEP Licensed Site Remediation Professional with 40 years experience in environmental consulting, regulatory management and remedial action design and oversight, technical direction and project management for subsurface investigation and remediation projects.
Responsibilities include Remedial action design and oversight, technical direction and project management for subsurface investigation and remediation projects completed across the US.
- Design and oversight from proposal preparation, technical direction, and project management for subsurface investigation and remediation projects.
- Perform geological and hydro-geological investigations, Brownfields redevelopment permitting and construction oversight, and wetland delineations. Evaluate sites for contamination from subsurface discharge, industrial/commercial use, and illicit disposal.
- Prepare remedial action plans.
- Manage investigations, tank removal and installation projects, and remedial activities.
- Perform and design Phase I, II, and III Environmental Site Assessments including RCRA and CERCLA, SPCC Plan preparation and Hazardous material management.
- Managed environmental remediation and construction projects including landfill closure; marina, lagoon and pond dredging; UST/AST closure and installation; municipal water and wastewater plant maintenance and modifications; soil and groundwater remediation; wetlands restoration and stream bank stabilization.
- Environmental services including landfill closure, wetlands identification, hazardous waste disposal, groundwater transport modeling, soil and groundwater remediation and geo-technical services.
- Preparation of bid plans and specifications for municipal environmental contracts.
- Phase I and II site investigations; UST system designs, installations and removals; soil and groundwater remediation design and oversight; municipal well field design, water treatment system operation.
- SPCC plan preparation.