Flaherty & Collins, LLC
RTKL Associates, Inc.
Context Design, LLC
- ADA Accessibility Analysis
- Erosion & Sedimentation Control/NPDES
- Landscape Architecture/Land Planning
- Predevelopment Site Investigations
- Site Grading/Earthwork Analysis
- Site Infrastructure Maintenance/Rehabilitation
- Stormwater Management/BMP Design
- Utility Design
- Erosion & Sediment Control Design and
- Flood routing and FEMA Map Revisions
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Study
- Construction Administration
Neal McGee Homes (NMH) is a commercial and residential builder/developer in Oklahoma. NMH was looking to provide a multi-tenant retail center with retail, restaurants, and other services to support the market demands in the area.
The Shoppes at Cheyenne Ridge is located at 33rd and Bryant in Edmond, Oklahoma and consists of 28,000 square feet of retail, restaurant, and office space. Small Architects, based in Edmond, is the architectural firm for this project.
CEC was responsible for site and drainage design, a hydrologic and hydraulic study, and construction administration. CEC worked to maximize developable area while minimizing development costs.
The grade of the site needed to be raised to allow visibility from the street, which entailed a tall structural retaining wall and 50,000 cubic yards of import soil. The proximity to the floodplain required a flood study to prove there would be no adverse impacts to surrounding properties. In addition, a drainage study and detention analysis was required for the area to ensure detention was provide for the development and existing land within the drainage basin. The site posed several challenges due to the narrow shape of the site, the terrain, and the proximity to the floodplain.
The project was completed in April 2019.