We are pleased to announce several leadership changes that became effective on January 1, 2023. These changes are part of a well-planned and orderly leadership succession process underway for the past year.
Chief Technical Officer
Mike Sheleheda will assume the role of Chief Technical Officer (CTO) while continuing in his role as the Monroeville Office Lead. With more than 22 years of experience at CEC, Mike specializes in both civil and geotechnical engineering. He has served as the lead engineer for commercial, residential, retail, and industrial/warehouse development projects for both the private and public sectors. A licensed professional engineer in 15 states, Mike is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Geoprofessional Business Association, the Industrial Asset Management Council, and the International Council of Shopping Centers. Our previous CTO, Paul Tomiczek III, will transition into a part-time role as he assists Mike with his new role during the first six months of 2023.
Corporate Mining Market Group Lead
Dan Maltese will be assuming the Mining Market Group Lead role. Dan has been with CEC for more than 22 years and currently serves on the Board of Directors. He is a member of the Pennsylvania Coal Alliance, among many other organizations. He previously served as the Ecological Sciences Practice Lead where he successfully strengthened our ecological operations and most recently served as the Office Lead for our Pittsburgh operations. As a corporate Market Group lead, Dan is responsible for identifying trends and opportunities in the various Mining submarkets, as well as developing, implementing, and monitoring strategies and initiatives for growing market share and revenues. Rob Livermore, who previously held the position, will focus on his leadership of our Phoenix operations.
Pittsburgh Office Lead
With Dan Maltese shifting his focus to continuing to grow our business in the Mining market, Zach Coy will assume leadership of the Pittsburgh office. Zach has been with CEC for more than 17 years, with this being his first job out of college. He most recently served as our Corporate Civil Engineering Practice Lead. Zach’s experience includes energy, industrial, institutional, commercial, residential, and retail projects throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. He has been actively involved in the Marcellus Shale Coalition, participating in regulatory subcommittees that identify and address the natural gas industry’s problems and concerns.
Corporate Civil Engineering Practice Lead
Rick Celender will be assuming the role of Corporate Civil Engineering Practice Lead. Rick has more than 16 years of experience with CEC. He is the founder of CEC’s Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) program, which he developed from the ground up in 2014. He is a registered landscape architect in New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, and West Virginia. He is a member of the Marcellus Shale Coalition’s UAS Workgroup, the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Master Builders Association, and more.
Several of our offices will work with a new Vice President of Operations at the start of the year. Some of the team members below will be taking on the role for the first time while others now have expanded responsibilities in their roles.
- Scott Brown has a nearly 30-year career and extensive engineering and management experience associated with planning, designing, permitting, and constructing solid waste facilities in both the private and public sectors. He is a licensed professional engineer in North Carolina and South Carolina and a member of the Solid Waste Association of North America.
- John DiNunzio has more than 36 years of experience. He serves on our Board of Directors and is the Solid Waste Market Group Lead for our Columbus office. John is a member of the Ohio Oil & Gas Association, Construction Demolition Association of Ohio, and Buckeye Service, Transmission, Exploration & Production Safety (STEPS) Network.
- Harry Dravecky has nearly 40 years of experience in civil and environmental engineering including engineering design, plans and specifications, field investigations, regulatory interaction, and more. He is a licensed professional engineer in Pennsylvania and West Virginia and a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers and the American Iron and Steel Institute.
- Dennis Miller has more than 35 years of experience working as a surveyor focusing on large transportation projects, bridges, roads, and airports. He has worked in both the private and public sectors and has significant knowledge of various policies and procedures. He is a professional surveyor in South Carolina and West Virginia and a member of the Ohio Oil & Gas Association, Contractors Association of West Virginia, and Society of American Military Engineers.
- Lauren Parker has more than 18 years of experience with CEC. Since 2008, Lauren has primarily worked on various oil and gas projects. She is a member of the Ohio Oil & Gas Association and the International Erosion Control Association and is actively involved in the Marcellus Shale Coalition. She is a licensed professional engineer in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. Lauren also serves on our Board of Directors. To learn more about Lauren, read our recent blog post.
Post a Comment