The Safety Excellence Awards were first awarded in 2017 to recognize CEC offices for their proactive efforts in improving corporate safety culture and safety performance by completing required safety training, project planning, and safe performance of projects.
This year, the award for Large Offices (100,000+ total hours worked) went to CEC Pittsburgh, and the award for Small Offices (<100,000 total hours worked) was presented to CEC St. Louis. Both offices achieved a perfect safety score of 100.
From left to right, St. Louis Office Lead Kevin Kamp; Corporate Safety Director David Parise; Pittsburgh Office Lead Zach Coy; and Pittsburgh Office Safety Manager Larry Reger
The 2023 winning scores are calculated based on:
- Completion of monthly office safety inspections
- Completion of quarterly project field and office safety audits
- Office Lead participation in at least one monthly office inspection and two project safety audits
- Completion of and attendance at CEC Annual Safety Training and one Office Safety Forum
Other notable safety facts from 2023:
- More than half of our offices scored 90 or better
- Nine offices scored 100 and were presented with a Certificate of Achievement
- Seven offices improved overall scores compared to 2022
Congratulations to the teams in Pittsburgh and St. Louis on a job safely done! Read more about our safety culture here.
Previous winners are:
2021 Awarded to Athens (Small Office) and Bridgeport (Large Office)
2019 Awarded to Monroeville (Small Office) and Nashville (Large Office)
2017 Awarded to Philadelphia (Small Office) and Columbus (Large Office)