CEC implemented the Safety Excellence Awards in 2017 to recognize CEC offices for their proactive efforts in improving corporate safety culture and safety performance by completion of required safety training, project planning, and safe performance of projects.
This was our fifth year of the competition. The award for Small Offices (<100,000 man-hours) was presented to CEC Athens. The award for Large Offices (100,000+ man-hours) was presented to CEC Bridgeport. Both are first-time recipients of the award. Athens earned a score of 105%, while Bridgeport topped out at 105.3%.
David Jackson (left) and Office Lead Todd Babcock (center) of CEC Athens receive the award.Joseph Robinson (left) of CEC Bridgeport receives the award.
The 2021 winning scores are calculated based on:
Leading Indicators (90% of total score):
- Audit of Project Safety Plans
- Percentage completion of monthly office safety inspections
- Office Leader participated in at least one monthly office inspection
- Percentage completion of Project Safety Audits (one per practice per office)
- Office Leader completion of at least one Project Safety Audit
- Percentage completion of safety training
- Completion of and attendance at two semi-annual safety forums
Lagging Indicator (10% of total score):
- Whether or not a recordable injury occurred
Our Bridgeport and Athens offices each earned extra credit by completing their project practice safety audits ahead of scheduled dates. Extra credit was earned for completion of all by June 30. This year, five offices scored 100+%, 13 of 24 offices received 10 extra credit points, and 17 of 24 offices scored 90+ points.
Congratulations to the teams in Athens and Bridgeport on a job safely done!
Previous winners are:
- 2020 Awarded to St. Louis (Small Office) and Nashville (Large Office)
- 2019 Awarded to Monroeville (Small Office) and Nashville (Large Office)
- 2018 Awarded to Phoenix (Small Office) and Columbus (Large Office)
- 2017 Awarded to Philadelphia (Small Office) and Columbus (Large Office)
Learn more about CEC’s safety culture here.
Post a Comment