The Safety Excellence Awards were first awarded in 2017 to recognize CEC offices for their proactive efforts in improving corporate safety culture and safety performance by completion of required safety training, project planning, and safe performance of projects.
The award for Small Offices (<100,000 man-hours) was presented to CEC Athens, with a score of 109.6. The award for Large Offices (100,000+ man-hours) went to CEC Bridgeport, with a score of 109.3. Both offices earned extra credit points by completing project field safety audits by June 30.
Corporate Safety Director David Parise (center) presents the 2022 Safety Excellence Awards to Athens Office Lead Todd Babcock (left) and Bridgeport Office Lead Steve Cain.
The 2022 winning scores are calculated based on:
Leading Indicators (90% of total score):
- Quarterly Audits of Project Safety Plans
- Completion of Monthly Office Safety Inspections
- Completion of Project Field Safety Audits (one per practice per office)
- Office Leader participation in at least one Monthly Office Inspection and one Project Field Safety Audit
- Completion of and attendance at CEC Annual Safety Training and two semi-annual Office Safety Forums
Lagging Indicator (10% of total score):
- Whether or not an OSHA recordable injury occurred
Other notable safety facts from 2022:
- 6 offices scored 100 or better
- Extra credit points awarded to 11 offices
- 13 offices improved overall scores compared to 2021
- 6 of 13 offices improved by double-digits
Congratulations to the teams in Athens and Bridgeport on a job safely done! Read more about our safety culture here.
Previous winners are:
2021 Awarded to Athens (Small Office) and Bridgeport (Large Office)
2019 Awarded to Monroeville (Small Office) and Nashville (Large Office)
2017 Awarded to Philadelphia (Small Office) and Columbus (Large Office)